Notice of Annual Meeting
Zoom Webinar Link
When: Jun 12, 2021 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: CMC Concert & Annual Meeting
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 859 1616 9250
Or One tap mobile :
US: +16699006833,,85916169250#,,,,*818124# or +12532158782,,85916169250#,,,,*818124#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
Webinar ID: 859 1616 9250
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kEIYrYmyK
Community Music Center Inc.
Saturday, June 12th at 2 pm via Zoom
Kathy Schroeder, Vice-President
Brian Wagner, Vice-President
Kevin Lefohn, Vice-President
- Welcome & Introductions
- Approval of Minutes from 2019 Annual Meeting (see below)
- Election of Members
- Returning members (3-year term): Matthew Morgan, Sarah Reardon, Katrina Kahl
- New member: Alec Martinez, Jarod Smith
- Announcements & Appreciation
- Thank you for your service to retiring board member Kathy Niguidula
- Student Awards
- Other Business
Minutes for the Community Music Center, Inc. Annual Meeting
May 31, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Community Music Center, David Beasley Campbell Auditorium, 3350 SE Francis St., Portland, OR
Kevin Lefohn, CMC, Inc., President, opened the meeting at 7pm. Other CMC, Inc. board members in attendance: Brian Wagner, Kathy Schroeder, Judy Rompa, Sara Watts
President Kevin introduced himself and welcomed the membership in attendance for the Orchestra concert.
Minutes of the Annual Meeting for 2018 were approved as provided.
CMC, Inc. board members for 3 year term through 2022 were nominated on recommendations from the Board, voted on and approved: returning members - Sara Watts & Katherine Schroeder & new member - Kathleen Niguidula.
Gregory Dubay, CMC, Inc. executive director and CMC Director, clarified provisions of PP&R’s budget as to the Center, specifically that it is not closing; it is not privatizing; there will be no decrease in services, but there will be reduction in full-time staff. Gregory thanked the non-profit for stepping in to fill the financial gaps in the 2019-2020 FY. Gregory thanked Kevin for his service as the non-profit’s president and all other board members and volunteers.
President Kevin then
- reviewed the non-profit’s financial support, i.e., doubled for this fiscal year
- mentioned the non-profit’s work in the new year to increase messaging regarding the non-profit’s work for the Center
- also mentioned the Charles Farmer (former long-time CMC Executive Director) Fund & the Shirley Englund (former CMC teacher) Fund, both for scholarships
- informed the members that the Board was working on renewing its partnership contract with the City
- talked about hoping to set up Advisory Councils to the board for East Portland and for Alumni
- thanked Gregory, board members, volunteers, donors, sponsors, staff and teachers for helping to make CMC a success.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:14pm.
Submitted by Kathy Schroeder, CMC Inc. Board member
|Neon CRM by Neon One|